Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Belial WIP



For today's post I'm going to keep it short and sweet.  I just want to show a few pictures Of my Belial.  I have him fully assembled, and I have just started to put down some base coats, so ignore the painting, I still have a way to go, I am such a slow (lazy) painter.  Shin pads I got off some bits I got at Scibor which I used for my Custodes.  Biggest pain this time was shaving the head to fit into the terminator body.




I opted for using dred shinguards for the shoulder pads this time.  Still used the tutorial for extended collar pieces found at From the Warp


It's kinda hard to see (and I guess thats a good thing), but to make the cape work with the shoulder pads I had to break off the wolf head and create green stuff fur to stretch over the gap.  I've started blocking out my base colors.  Still have the cloak to do, then it's on to washes and thin layers for the armor.  I'm thinking red glowing claws to add a counter-point.  My goal is to finish painting him this weekend.  We'll see, like I said I am a notoriously slow (lazy) painter.  That's one of my goals in doing this Blog, getting to be a better painter.

I'm also going to play with the foil for the base.  I like the texture, I'm not exactly sure how it will work, but I'm going to give it a shot.  Wish me luck, and as always comments and critques welcome.



2 comments:

  1. He's coming along nicely.
    The pre-heresy shoulerpads and additional armour pieces really change the way a terminator model looks.

    And the collar looks good. It can be the hardest thing to do since it's so small.

    http://littlesilverguuys.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-belial-wip.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I appreciate the encouragement, especially as how your Deathwing are amazing. I'm hoping to get time to finish him up shortly, if I can drag myself away from work and my book :)

    ReplyDelete